The Ateneo de Naga University, in cooperation with the Coordinating Council of Private Educational Associations (COCOPEA) and the Philippine Business for Education (PBed) with support from the Private Education Assistance Committee (PEAC), hosted a Dialogue on K-12 for Region V last Monday, 7 September 2015, at the Ateneo de Naga University Gymnasium. The nationwide campaign serves as an information drive for key stakeholders on all viable solutions available during the first transition years of the K-12 program.
The following resource persons provided their respective presentations:
· Marjorie Mendenilla, TVSA Executive Director – Overview of K-12: Benefits and Outcomes, Challenges and Solutions
· Ramon Fiel Abcede, Regional Director, Department of Education, Region V – Updates on the readiness of DepEd for K-12 program
· Dorris Fernandez Ferrer, Executive Director, PEAC – Voucher System for SHS
· Atty. Joseph Estrada, PAPSCU Executive Director – Overview of K-12, Transition Period: Affected Sectors, relevant issues, government response and all viable solutions (CHED packages, interagency efforts)
· Ms. Rowena Hibanada, PBEd Head Mentor – SHS tracks, DepEd programs vouchers